||Summary and Fast Facts
In this lesson you have learned about SHAC Environmental Products Inc. and the products they supply. Important points to remember from this lesson are:
- SHAC Environmental Products Inc. is a waste and water treatment company.
- SHAC Environmental Products Inc. has developed effective products to restore balance to the natural biodigestion of organic material including:
- Livestock manure,
- Sanitary sewage, and
- Organic material in water.
- All SHAC products are designed to activate resident microbes.
- Each product is derived from natural ingredients to reduce the harmful effects associated with many conventional water and waste treatment products.
- SHAC's products are safe and easy to apply - just shake, pour and rinse!
- All products are non-toxic to the environment and require no special storage/handling procedures.
- SHAC supplies the following products:
- Shactivate Sewage Digester,
- SHAC Manure Digester, and
- SHAC Feed Additive.
- Ponder is designed to reduce:
- offensive odours in treated water,
- black organic sludge from the bottom of ponds which is a significant nutrient source for aquatic weeds and algae, and
- cloudy, murky or turbid water providing clearer water for all uses.
- Ponder comes in 1L and 10L containers.
- Once opened, the contents of the container should be used immediately. Containers should not be allowed to freeze and should be stored off of the ground (shelf, pallet, etc.)
- Ponder; increases microbial activity resulting in nutrient reduction and biodigestion of organic matter
- Shactivate is an additive that is used in septic/sanitation waste (toilets, septic systems, sinks, garborators, recreational vehicles) to reduce:
- odours and gases,
- organic sludge saving , and
- contaminants and nutrients.
- Shactivate comes in 1 litre and 10 litre containers.
- Shactivate can be applied directly to wastewater storage (septic tanks, outhouses).
- Shactivate begins to work by 'tying up' toxins and chemicals present in the wastewater. Next, bio-stimulants, cause increased levels of activity (bio-digestion, growth and reproduction) in the resident microbes naturally present in the wastewater.
- SHAC Manure Digester helps all livestock producers in their efforts to control and manage waste from livestock applied in confinement operations such as pens.
- SHAC Manure Digester is a liquid product designed to:
- Decrease odours and gases associated with manure,
- Looses, liquefies and reduces manure solids,
- Aids in removing and preventing crusts from manure pits, and
- Reduced volume of manure solids.
- SHAC Manure Digester is available in 10 Litre containers.
- SHAC Manure Digester is a liquid product and is applied directly on manure packs or into manure storage pits/lagoons.
- Application rates and procedures vary for each species of livestock. Generally speaking, SHAC Manure Digester is applied at a rate of 15 to 30 litres per 100,000 gallons initially. This is based on the types and number of head of livestock.
- SHAC has developed two CFIA registered feed additive products which reduces offensive odours and harmful gases in hog barns and may improve swine production efficiency.
- SHAC Feed Additive is available in two formulations:
- SHAC liquid feed additive can be added, by hand, to the total hog ration.
- SHAC liquid feed additive is available in 10 litre containers and is applied at 250ml or 500ml per tonne of total ration depending on the age of the swine stock.
- SHAC granular feed additive is provided in 13kg bags and is designed to be applied to:
- Grain storage for feed
- Total feed ration
- Generally, SHAC granular feed additive is added to the total ration at a rate of 650g to 1.3kg per tonne
- SHAC offers sales and technical assistance to dealers and customers throughout Canada and the US.
- All distributors of SHAC's products are authorized.
||Please click on the icon for SHAC Environmental products Fast Facts.
|You have completed this lesson. Please practice the online Self Test and complete the SkillGrow Final Test when you feel prepared.